There is no doubt that your business can gain immense benefits when it is backed by a dependable voice service provider. It is not just your communication efficiencies that improve when your voice services are top notch. You also ensure that your customers can interact with you whenever they need to and that your business partner/ associates can remain in touch with your business when the situation demands it. An efficient communications system also enables your employees to stay linked to the office irrespective of where they are. This is where our role as a world class carrier plays a key role in taking your business to the next level.
Wholesale termination and origination
As a VoIP telecom carrier with a global presence, Callacloud is in the perfect position to offer wholesale call termination as well as call origination for an international carrier base.
Call termination or voice termination encompasses the routing of calls from one carrier to another. The process starts with the call being initiated as a VoIP call. The call is terminated using the PSTN or public switched telephone network. In such situations when the call is originated as VoIP and then terminated using PSTN, we sell our call termination services as a separate product.
Call origination services
The opposite of call termination is call origination. Call origination services encompass the initiation of calls from PSTN or public switched telephone network; i.e.: the process is the exact opposite of what happens with call termination. Here, the PSTN originated call is terminated using the VoIP telephony. In the wholesale marketplace these services are offered as DID services. Here, the providers can lease SIP trunks and phone numbers to facilitate the call origination.
With the VoipSwitch wholesale solution, carriers can offer call exchange services backed by the robust softswitch with its integrated billing engine. Thanks to its scalability, the platform enables mediation of even the largest VoIP traffic volumes.
VoipSwitch guarantees interconnection between VoIP networks regardless of their call control protocol, equipment vendor or internal architecture.
The solution provides a single, unified point of management for an entire network. This includes remote monitoring of all elements of the domain, as well as provisioning capabilities. Traffic management and accounting is completely centralized.
- Softswitch – Business to Business User Agent responsible for call control functions and providing a full array of authentication and call routing capabilities, support for NAT traversal, ICE, TURN and other call handling technologies [learn more]
- Billing system – fully integrated, provides real-time charging functions, credit control, support for packages/subscriptions and other advanced charging models. Comes with a customer care portal. Works in cluster, heavy volumes architecture (support for SQL cluster)
The solution will fit into following business scenarios:
- Wholesale traffic exchange, i.e. selling and buying routes from various carriers
- Selling own route paths, i.e. terminating through own interconnection to PSTN network (VoIP/PSTN or SS7 gateways)
- Selling SIP trunks
- Selling DID/virtual phone numbers